Food for Thought
Sunday, April 18, 2021
Read Luke 24:36b-48
The four-gospel writers tell us that when the Risen Christ appeared to His disciples, most of the time they did not immediately recognize Him. You have to wonder then, what did he look like? He must have looked like a Jewish man of that time period, because in John chapter 20, Mary Magdalene looked right into His face and spoke to Him but thought he was an ordinary person, like the caretaker for the garden of Jewish tombs (John 20: 14-15). Read 1 Corinthians 15:35-49—What does this scripture tell you about the difference between the human body and the body changed by resurrection?
- Since Jesus was not immediately recognizable in His resurrected body, is it possible that we have “seen the Lord” in our world today and not recognized Him?
- In Luke 24:15-16, the two disciples did not recognize the Risen Christ walking beside them because “Their eyes were kept from recognizing him” (v.15). Do you think that the Risen Christ is among us today, but our eyes are kept from recognizing Him?
God’s Word for This Week
May we see the face of our Lord and know his presence among us
Monday, April 19 Matthew 25:31-40
Tuesday, April 20 Mark 9:33-37
Wednesday, April 21 2 Corinthians 4:3-6
Thursday, April 22 1 John 4:16-21
Friday, April 23 Colossians 3:1-4
Saturday, April 24 Isaiah 53:1-5
Check back here periodically for updates on what days the food pantry will be open.
Food Pantry News
Here are ways you can help and support the Food Pantry ministry:
- Volunteer to help for any or all of the time on the days of the distribution. Setup will begin at 8:00 am and cleanup is completed around 2:30 pm.
- Pass the word on to anyone who may benefit from the food distribution or has a food need. Please look for future food distribution dates for the fall.
- Support the Food Pantry financially and with your prayers.
Thank you to all the leaders, volunteers and supporters of the Trinity Food Pantry ministry!
Our in-person worship services, for now, will continue on Sundays at 9:00 am and 11:00 am.
Trinity is a servant church in the heart of Riverside/Avondale area of Jacksonville led by God’s amazing grace to love, accept and forgive one another, and all people, in the name of Jesus Christ.