Link to the Christmas Eve Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols
Chrismas Eve Video
Food for Thought
Sunday, January 17, 2021
Read John 1: 43-51
Evangelism says “Get out there and bring people to Jesus!” A scary thought for shy Lutherans! In today’s gospel, Philip becomes one of the first evangelists in the New Testament. Jesus finds Philip (v. 43), then, right away, Philip goes to his friend Nathaniel and brings Him to meet Jesus, too (vs. 45-46). That big scary word “evangelism” is really just one person who has been found by Jesus inviting another person to meet Jesus, too. Philip stated the invitation so simply: “Come and see” (v. 46). If we want to introduce someone to Jesus, we don’t have to drag them to church kicking and screaming. We can simply share from the heart what Jesus has done for us in our life. If that isn’t possible, we can always show the love of Jesus in how we treat the other person. Any way you offer it, an invitation is an open-hearted welcome that opens the door and says, “Please come in.” Lutherans may be shy, but they know how to make people feel welcome.
- Who opened the door and welcomed you to meet Jesus?
- Would you like to invite someone to meet Jesus? Pray for the Holy Spirit to show you how to open the door to their heart.
God’s Word for This Week
May you open your heart and welcome people into Christ’s love
Monday, January 18 Luke 19:1-10
Tuesday, January 19 Mark 1:40-41
Wednesday, January 20 Luke 5:27-32
Thursday, January 21 Romans 15:1-2
Friday, January 22 Matthew 20:29-34
Saturday, January 23 Acts 16:9-15
Check back here periodically for updates on what days the food pantry will be open.
Here are ways you can help and support the Food Pantry ministry:
- Volunteer to help for any or all of the time on the days of the distribution. Setup will begin at 8:00 am and cleanup is completed around 2:30 pm.
- Pass the word on to anyone who may benefit from the food distribution or has a food need. Please look for future food distribution dates for the fall.
- Support the Food Pantry financially and with your prayers.
Thank you to all the leaders, volunteers and supporters of the Trinity Food Pantry ministry!
Our in-person worship services, for now, will continue on Sundays at 9:00 am and 11:00 am.
Trinity is a servant church in the heart of Riverside/Avondale area of Jacksonville led by God’s amazing grace to love, accept and forgive one another, and all people, in the name of Jesus Christ.